100 years of experience
STEF was created in France in 1920 and began operating in Belgium in 1989. From the outset, STEF’s mission has been to connect producers and consumers of food products.
- 1989STEF established a presence in Belgium by acquiring its first transport site in Brussels. Belgium was an obvious choice for several reasons: its location in Europe, the existence of dynamic SMEs, international brands and its British/American-inspired consumption habits and openness to trade and business.
- 1998Acquisition of Distrirest in Ternat, later STEF Benelux.
- 2000STEF start the construction of its tri-temperature warehouse of 9,000m² STEF Logstics Saintes, near Brussels. This consolidate its position as leader in the food market.
- 2005Construction of a 4,500 m² cross-docking platform, STEF Transport Saintes: a further step towards consolidating its leading position in European transport and retail operations in Belgium.
- 2008Expansion of STEF Logistics Saintes's refrigerated warehouse to 15,000 m² in Saintes.
- 2009STEF acquired DPF in Courcelles, close to Charleroi, which became STEF Logistics Courcelles.
- 2018Launch of the new STEF City “urban delivery” business. STEF began to deliver chilled foods to Brussels city centre and covered the strategic last miles.
- 2020STEF announces its present in the region of Liège.
- 2021Acquisition of Nagel in Nazareth which became STEF Transport Nazareth. A chilled cross-docking site of more than 3,000m².